Every week, there seems to be a new WordPress Plugin security vulnerability that you need to watch out for. If you don’t keep a close eye on your plugins, you could be in danger without even realizing it.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have your blog automatically scan and send out an alert whenever a security vulnerability is found? Plugin Security Scanner does just that. It does all the hard work for you, making it easy to keep your WordPress site safe and security.
Here’s how to use it.
1. Install the Plugin Security Scanner plugin via the WordPress dashboard. Go to “Plugins” in the sidebar and then to “Add New.” From there, search for “Plugin Security Scanner.”
2. Click on the “Install Now” button. When asked if you’re sure that you want to install, click the “OK” button.
3. The plugin should install successfully. Click on “Activate Plugin” to enable it.
4. The plugin will now automatically run a scan once a day and email the administrator if any vulnerable plugins are found.
5. You will also see a new item under the “Tools” menu in your sidebar: Plugin Security Scanner. You can go here to manually run a scan. If any problems are found, you’ll see them listed as pictured below.
Scanning your WordPress plugins for security vulnerabilities is as easy as that. Everything is automatic, but you can just as easily run a manual scan if needed. You can now rest easy knowing that if a problem arises with one of your plugins, you’ll be alerted.
How do you make sure that your WordPress plugins are secure? Let us know in the comments.
Photo Credit: Beaulawrence